- Focuses on individual and group needs of the children and works closely with the Cottage/Group Home Manager to meet those needs.
- Provides the physical care and protection needed for the children.
- Schedules, organizes, encourages and participates in various kinds of games and activities in accordance with the therapeutic planning for the individual child and the other members of the community.
- Maintains that the Cottage is clean and orderly and assists residents with performing chores that correspond with this objective.
- Guides the resident to meet Cottage expectations. Utilizes a variety of counseling techniques including: listening, giving information, reassurance, as well as support.
- Communicates significant findings to the Cottage Manager. Completes Incident reports on regular basis, completes daily log as incidents occur.
- Adheres to the daily structure set up by their Cottage.
- Implements Therapeutic Crisis Intervention on a regular basis. Maintains TCI certification by attending refresher training's provided by agency every 6 months
- Sets clear boundaries with youth
- Drives agency vehicle with care and ensures cleanliness after use
- Follows NYS Justice Center Code of Conduct
- Follow requirements as a Mandated Reporter per the NYS Justice System
- Perform other related duties as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be a positive role model, sets clear boundaries
- Ability to work with youth from diverse cultures
- Must have an interest in working with youth in a residential setting
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate's Degree Preferred
- Valid clean driver’s license
- Must pass Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and maintain yearly certification
- Must pass drug test & background check
- Must pass physical
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Prolonged periods of standing and frequent bending
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Equal Opportunity Employer