WIND UP OPERATOR
BEACON, NY Apply Online
TEMP TO PERM
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-3pm
- Pay: $16/Hour
- Temp to Perm
- Location: Beacon, NY
- Ensure product is rolled and stored according to specifications.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Able to identify parts that do not meet quality requirements using appropriate tools.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently as required.
- Under the general supervision of the calender supervisor and the specific direction of the calender operator, operates controls for the wind-up of coated fabrics and the addition of dust and/or liner as required by specification.
- Assists calender crew in maintaining production and quality standards.
- Secures and transports from storage, type of liner requested by calender operator. Sets up shell in wind-up stand and liner in liner stand when required by specification.
- Threads pull rope either around or by passing cooling drums and either through or by passing dust box as required by specification. On command of calender operator has rope pulled through train and winds up roll on shell. Starts and regulates dust box if required.
- Inserts liner smoothly into roll if required. Measures width and adjusts tension to maintain uniform tension on the product. Keep it wrinkle-free and maintain.
- Follows safety practices and maintains good housekeeping.
- Reports any unsafe conditions found in the plant.
- Fills out requisitions and report forms in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Performs all duties as assigned by manager, supervisor and/or group leader.
- Has the ability to take own initiative to fully utilize time.
Have Questions About This Job?
WIND UP OPERATOR
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.