TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
NEW PALTZApply Online
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: 9am-5:30pm, 5 days per week including weekends
- Pay Rate: $18/Hour
- Location: New Paltz, NY
- Provides daily information and performs clerical functions for the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Supports and assists the Executive Housekeeper and housekeeping managers in the day to day operation of the housekeeping department.
- Coordinates activities in the Housekeeping office in a manner that promotes the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Provides daily telephone coverage for the Housekeeping office and maintains a daily log of information with guest requests, room changes, and similar items of importance to the department. Dispatches the day housemen or night housemen to complete tasks or guest requests using the zip it/two-way radio.
- Provides up-to-date information to the Housekeeping supervisors and line staff regarding room status and guest requests throughout the work day.
- Works with all Housekeeping managers to organize and oversee all departmental record keeping including but not limited to filing, budgets, purchasing and personnel matters.
- Works with managers and supervisors to update department procedures, tasks, standards and manuals.
- Maintains up-to-date information for Housekeeping and Laundry areas for purchasing, receiving, and current inventories of supplies on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Enters all Housekeeping orders in Adaco Purchasing system. Tracks all orders and receives them in Adaco in a timely manner.
- Maintains all payroll records for Housekeeping and Laundry departments and enters them into the ADP payroll system on a daily/weekly basis.
- Enters the weekly Housekeeping and Laundry department’s schedules in ADP.
- Assists guests with inquiries regarding lost and found items. Works with Security department and follows up in a timely manner.
- Tracks daily arrivals for repeat guests, special occasions, VIP guests and the Welcome Back Program for amenity delivery.
- Reviews the special traces and 2nd Effort requests to ensure that guest amenities and requests are received in a timely manner.
- Answers 2nd Effort calls and maintains records. Logs, dispatches using the zipit / two-way radio and follows up on all guest requests, maintenance and staff issues
- Updates and maintains records of guest rooms, cottages, public areas and outdoor buildings for deep cleaning, décor and room requirements.
- Attends meetings on requests and takes detailed notes to be transcribed and distributed to appropriate staff.
- Attends Daily Shift Briefings and attends company-wide training and service programs
- Inspect guest rooms if needed by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Inspects guest rooms as needed.
- Prepares set-up, for the AM shift on an as need basis.
- Assists with linen inventory.
- Assists as needed in typing yearly evaluations.
- Maintains excellent guest and interdepartmental relations.
- Shows discretion and loyalty to management; uses discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, a professional appearance and manner, and enjoys working with people in a service position; maintains a sense of humor.
- Understands and communicates clearly in both written and spoken English.
- Works under pressure and maintains personal composure.
- Files letters, correspondences, reports, etc. in file cabinet drawers ranging from 1’ to 7’ from the floor.
- Types and revises material such as correspondence, reports, statistical tables, addresses, and forms, from rough draft, corrected copy, recorded voice dictation, or previous version displayed on screen, using computer and Windows based word processing software.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copies.
- Works productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Opens shipping cartons, counting contents and check shipping papers/invoice.
- Works flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Thinks clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
- Prioritizes, organizes and attends to details.
- Lifts up to 20 pounds from ground level to and carry a distance of up to 500 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 2 miles per day.
- Works in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Sits at a desk or computer terminal viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard for prolonged periods of time.
- Answers and places phone calls to vendors, other departments and guests. Communicates clearly on the telephone; has a pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Unifocus, Adaco Purchasing System and other Windows based software programs.
- At least one year of Office experience preferred.
Have Questions About This Job?
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.