Schedule and Pay:
• Generating scope sheets, holding de-scope meetings with vendors, purchasing and awarding contracts
• Preparing subcontracts and purchase orders
• Managing overall bid lists and contract /purchasing data base files
• Assisting in negotiating corporate agreements with vendors / suppliers
• Support in preparation of monthly status reports
Estimating / Budgeting
• Effecting quantity take-offs from architectural and engineering plans
• Developing cost data bases and budgets for multiple projects
• Coordinating and managing on-site construction, cost engineering, subcontractor’s scope and administrative activities
• Directing review, tracking and distributing of shop drawings and submittals
• Tracking cost events, reviewing and preparing change orders
• Updating budgets
• Managing plan files
• Supervising and delegating to efficiently coordinate project work load
• Identifying, tracking and distributing RFIs
• Utilizing expertise to VE, when necessary
• Expanding subcontractor base for all trades
• Overseeing and training of estimating staff
• Attending presentations, when necessary
• Assisting team with RFPs
• A four-year degree in an accredited construction-related or engineering curriculum desired.
• A minimum of ten years of construction-related experience favored.
• Extensive knowledge of all trades a must: leveling, scope, schedule, areas of exposure, missed scope.
• Understanding of the essential job functions and responsibilities of a Director of Estimating necessary, including analysis and scope of MEP systems and components.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with others on a professional level a must.
• Strong organizational qualities and computer skills required.
• Ability to effectively multitask.
• Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, Word and construction software including scheduling and takeoff software. Understanding of Timberline / Sage estimating a plus.