The RF Engineer will support capital projects regulatory functions including but not limited to modeling, compliance, and design evaluation focusing on RF Design engineering compliance to regulatory standards, general regulatory compliance, and RF exposure for new build projects.
- Manages solutions to complex problems from discovery to resolution. Interfaces effectively with local departments, other site departments, outside technical experts and customers. Anticipates potential problems, proactively solves complex problems through creative thinking & internal/external resources.
- Integrate, test, and evaluate RF signal collection and processing, devices, and systems. Lead the development of test and evaluation criteria for RF devices at the board, unit, and system levels. Develop and lead execution of detailed procedures for carrying out device characterization tests. Identify test criteria, data collection requirements, and data analysis methodologies.
- Lead and participate in the design and development of RF systems in coordination with program managers and sponsors. Follow technical requirements, identify implementation approaches, and develop prototype systems.
- Document work in formal technical reports. Present work to sponsors and the technical community. Analyze and report collected test data.
- MS degree in electrical engineering, physics, or equivalent with experience in developing and testing RF systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- RF Modeling experience.
- RF regulatory compliance experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced laws, principles, theorems & mathematics or industry knowledge in the improvement & development of technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost effective designs/processes that meet complex specification requirements.
- Knowledge of competing & alternative technologies.
- Ability to communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and take preventative actions.
- At least (4) years relevant RF design experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.