To assist in the planning and implementation of a rehabilitative, high expectancy program and/or individually designed service plans for the adult population with mental illness and/or secondary problems in substance abuse residing in a residential program. Residence Counselors provide case management services, teach life skills, and prepare individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse issues to live more independently in the community. These services will be individualized and client centered to enhance the functioning levels and quality of life of the client population.
Entry Level Qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in working with individuals with mental illness and secondary problems in chemical abuse.
- Must have a commitment to excellence and empowerment.
- A clean, valid NYS driver's license that will meet and maintain a satisfactory driving record consistent with agency and insurance standards
- Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodations required by federal, state, or local law.
Qualifications for Continued Employment:
- Adherence to all personnel policies and practices.
- Must safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation required by federal, state, or local law.
- Background and Drug Screen required