- The work involves responsibility for the performance of routine clerical tasks.
- The work is carried out in accordance with established procedures and involves mid-level office duties which provide support to the function of a high-paced high school guidance office.
- The class differs from that of Clerk in that Clerk does not perform significant typing duties.
- Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of Student Support Services.
- Detailed instructions are given for new or difficult assignments.
- Work is checked by observation and periodic review.
- Supervision over the work of others is not normally a responsibility of the class.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize with limited supervision;
- Maintain strict confidentiality;
- Interact with complex databases and time sensitive materials;
- Proficient in Google Suite, Excel, and experience with Naviance desired; \
- Ability to manage high pressure situations while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor;
- Acts as receptionist, directing callers to the proper person or office and provides routine information;
- Answers telephone, takes messages and makes appointments;
- Sorts and files correspondence, vouchers and similar materials;
- Operates a photocopy machine, adding machine or other office machines;
- Maintains records and prepares simple reports;
- Makes and checks routine arithmetic computations;
- Pastes book plates, pockets and date slips in books;
- Assists in taking inventories and may maintain inventory records;
- Any other duties as assigned.
A. Successful completion of one (1) year of study at a regionally accredited or New York State registered college, university or business school which included or was supplemented by at least one course in accounting or a related field; OR
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and one (1) year of full-time paid experience, or its part-time equivalent, in the compilation and maintenance of financial accounts and records; OR
C. Two (2) years of full-time paid experience, or its part-time equivalent, as described in B above; OR
D. An equivalent combination of training and experience as indicated in A, B and C above.