MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST
KINGSTON Apply Online
FULL TIME / TEMP TO PERM / $14.43/HR
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Monday & Friday, 9am-5pm
- Tuesday & Thursday, 10am-6pm
- Wednesday, 10am-6pm
- Pay Rate: $14.43/Hour
- Locations: New Paltz 4 days, Ellenville 1 day
- Performs skilled keyboarding to produce correspondence, reports, tables and charts, case histories and to maintain large data bases; Performs reception work, including providing routine information concerning unit procedures and services, collecting fees, scheduling appointments, referring callers to appropriate staff and taking detailed messages;
- Gathers, extracts and copies information for use by technical and professional staff;
- Opens new records to program by entering information into system, sending out necessary forms and documents and creating files and labels;
- Files materials in record system in accordance with guidelines; pulls records for use by staff or disposition to storage or destruction;
- Maintains records of time and benefit usage, employee certification and training;
- Opens, time stamps, sorts and distributes mail;
- Takes longhand minutes, prepares summary notes and submits to chairperson or administrator for approval before distribution;
- Reviews records and documents for completeness, compliance with standards and for accuracy;
- Performs a variety of clerical support work based on unit needs including logging records, copying, faxing, maintaining office supplies, processing bulk mailings and similar activities.
- Make reminder phone calls for next day appointments.
- Create and mail missed appointment letters.
- Provide coverage at other clinics within the agency as requested.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Process patient admission, correspondence, referral, and discharge documents, as well as information from other providers and services
- Compile and maintain patients' medical records to provide data for research or cost control and quality improvement efforts
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, diagnostic procedures/screenings, and other information relevant to treatment into records
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations and agency policies.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma
- One year of full time clerical work experience, or completion of a clerical training program which includes an internship.
- Medical/Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan with employer match after 1 year
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits: Hospital, Accident, Short-Term Disability, Cancer, Vision and Dental Aflac Plans, Pet, Legal Shield and ID Shield
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Tuition Discount Programs
Have Questions About This Job?
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.