NEW PALTZ, NYApply Online
FULL TIME/PART TIME
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- HOURS: 9am-5pm, 5 days per week
- Includes Weekends and Holidays
- Pay Rate: $14/hour
- Completes the entire proper protocol checklist upon completion of cleaning.
- Empties linen chute into a cart and takes soiled linen to the laundry room to sort.
- Understands the programming and operation of washers, dryers towel machine and ironer folder, uses the ironer-folder machine on a rotating basis to prepare sheets and pillowcases.
- Ensures Ironer/folder has cooled off for thirty minutes before shutting it down.
- Fills washers and dryers with appropriate amounts of linen; uses correct wash cycle and dryer settings.
- Removes dried linen; folds and stores neatly in proper placement.
- Cleans filters in dryers daily. Sweeps and clean the laundry areas, including wiping down the machines and maintaining laundry machinery in a clean condition; uses air pressure hose in the morning to clean lint from the ironer-folder, waxing ironer folder every morning before starting the shift tasks.
- Keeps written records of numbers of loads and types of linens washed daily.
- Stores chemicals, connects them to washers as needed; stores containers for recycling.
- Assists with housekeeping and laundry inventory
- Returns lost/found items to the Housekeeping office.
- Inform the Laundry Supervisor and the Maintenance department with any issues of broken equipment.
- Clearly communicates verbally and in writing. Clearly understands all verbal instructions and directions in English.
- Capable of lifting 30+ pounds, push 100 pounds, bend, kneel, stoop, walk up and down stairs and able to work in the summer heat.
- Have a pleasant, easy going manner, good communication and interpersonal skills and enjoys working with people in a service position.
- Is dependable and maintains excellent attendance: can work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays and able to adjust to the demands of the operation.
- Wears the proper Personal Protective Equipment when responding to protocols
- Valid Driver’s License and at least 21 years of age, or 20 years of age with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- Previous laundry experience preferred.
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.