HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
KINGSTON, NY Apply Online
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-3:30pm
- Pay Range: $70,000-$80,000
- Direct Perm
- Function as member of the administrative team and liaison between management, board members and staff.
- Build and maintain agency culture through the hiring process and employee relations
- Coordinate and/or train employees as needed.
- Manage employee benefit programs.
- Complete unemployment paperwork and attends hearing when necessary.
- Oversee writing job descriptions and ensure they are up to date and compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Consult with labor attorney on personnel matters.
- Prepare and process employment letters.
- Coordinate personnel information for hiring and termination.
- Implement and review content and billing of medical, dental, life, flexible spending and disability programs.
- Advise management on HR issues, regulations and policies.
- Collaborate with controller on payroll, compensation strategy and pension audit.
- Assist in salary surveys and comparisons.
- Collect and coordinate information about factors that affect staff morale, motivation and efficiency.
- Develop policies and procedures for the Human Resources Department.
- Prepare, participate and present changes in the Human Resources Manual to the board and staff.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law and human resources.
- Create onboarding plans and educating newly hired employees on HR policies.
- Coordinate the non-ERISA 403(b) plan between staff and vendor.
- Coordinate appropriate paperwork for all staff injuries, workers compensation, unemployment, disability and PFL claims.
- Collaborate with management to handle staff issues and disciplinary procedures.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and bring them to resolution.
- Assist in the coordination of the Safety Program.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Comply and assist with COVID-19 policies and procedures including cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces and equipment.
- Coordinate the wellness program.
- Coordinate and administer the Sick Bank policies and procedures.
- Supervise the HR Assistant.
- Adhere to policies in the Staff Handbook and Human Resources Manual and other handbooks.
- Attend required meetings
- Complete designated follow-ups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, labor relations or a related field plus a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. SHRM certification preferred. Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations. Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- A management position responsible for directing and coordinating the policies and practices of human resources including staffing, compensation, benefit administration, overseeing worker’s compensation, employee safety, retirement programs, and general human resource matters. This position works closely with the management team to promote high standards with regards to hiring, evaluation, performance and overall employee welfare.
Have Questions About This Job?
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.