- To maintain accounting records and internal controls in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies, and the policies and practices of the organization and the agencies contracting with FSI for accounting services.
- Responsible for compliance with government contract and other funding reporting requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the general ledger, budget information and analysis of financial data.
- To assemble and maintain all financial and budget information that is related to contracts and other funding sources.
- Enthusiastically supports, practices, and communicates agency’s mission and statement of values.
- Our mission is to bring people together to find the support they need, improving their lives and communities, and building a stronger, safer Hudson Valley
- Knowledge of funding compliance and reporting for assigned grants/contracts;
- Ability to comprehend contract terms and language
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly financial reporting to government agencies and revenue sources
- Manage timely collection of requests for reimbursement for funding sources
- Prepare comprehensive forecasts for assigned programs through detailed analysis of trends, information gathering communications with program and other staff, and thorough evaluation of actual data and projected events.
- Assist in development and preparation of budgets and monitor the need for budget modifications and process required documents
- Conduct meetings with program personnel and management to strategize on contract compliance issues, budget forecasting and budget modification, and make recommendations for effective use of resources
- Communicate accurate financial information to allow for proper business decisions
- Generate monthly reports to be used by the Associate Directors of Finance and CFO, analyze and identify variances, recommend remediation
- Represent organization with respect to periodic audits performed by funders
- Record entries in the accounting system necessary for proper and accurate tracking of revenue and expenses for assigned programs
- Work with Associate Director of Finance and CFO to develop organization-wide cost allocation plan, integrating organization budget and restricted contract funds
- Review, record, and release temporarily restricted contributions
- Monitor fixed asset and equipment purchases for funding sources and prepare associated reports as required by contracts
- Review and record receivables/deferred revenue on a monthly basis
- Assist in maintaining the GL
Assist in Shared Departmental Objectives
- Assist the Team in preparation and successful completion of the annual Independent audit
- Identify and help develop streamlined accounting and financial processes
Other Duties as Assigned (which include but are not limited to)
- Complete projects as assigned by the supervisory personnel
- As the agency takes on additional programs, responsibilities may shift between staff
- Local travel to the bank, post office, or between offices, as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, the ability to work cooperatively, good time management and managing multiple priorities
- Proficiency in computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office (Excel)and accounting software
- General understanding and ability to apply accounting concepts
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and work within agency procedures and guideline
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in tracking sources of errors and in using established guidelines to determine the necessary corrective action