NEW PALTZ, NY Apply Online
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Fluctuate, average 32 hours 4 days/week, including days/evenings and weekends
- Pay Rate: $20.21/Hour
- Location: New Paltz, NY
- Increase guest satisfaction by providing high quality house entertainment that covers a variety of activities for wide range of ages and time slots.
- Be instrumental in the leadership, organization, and arrangements for the following programs; July 4th, Halloween, Christmas Gala and special events, Presidents Special, and Easter Week.
- Be a creative leader, encourage continued improvement in these events and entertainment.
- Book House Bands, Special Programs, Square Dances, Kids’ Club entertainment.
- Non-theme program evening entertainment (lectures, campfires, etc.)
- Work closely with Theme Programs Department to prevent overlaps in entertainment and to fill in gaps in schedule.
- Schedule and Supervise Parlor Door Attendants.
- Research and book new performers.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with existing performers.
- Negotiate and create entertainer contracts.
- Create in-house signage for programs.
- Create BE0’s, purchase orders, and check requests for each performance.
- Track additional compensation for performers (Room comps and meal comps).
- Create and maintain Entertainment budget for fiscal year.
- Work closely with Director of Recreation and Entertainment and Director of Hotel Operations on budget and schedule of performances.
- Duties may be heavier during some weeks and may require additional coverage and assistance (Parlor Door attendants).
- Lead and or participate in daily shift briefings.
- Use a computer and demonstrate proficiency in Windows-based operating systems such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Valid Driver’s License and at least 21 years of age, or 20 years of age with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Event Planning.
- Proven work history in the Recreation field or Hospitality industry with at least 2 years’ experience in supervisory or management positions, preferably in a resort setting.
- Demonstrable computer literacy using POS software as well as Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.