NEW PALTZ, NYApply Online
LONG TERM TEMPORARY
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: 8am-4pm
- Pay: $13.85/hour
- Flexible schedule including days/evenings, overnights, weekdays/weekends and holidays
- At least 17 years of age.
- Ensure all ware washing is completed and clean and maintain all kitchen areas.
- Work safely and effectively in hot, wet, slippery and stressful environments.
- Stand for up to five hours without a break.
- Maintain a fast pace for several hours in order to keep up with workload of each shift.
- Perform all job functions upholding the highest level of hygiene at all times.
- Maintain, organize and wash all dishes on dish line.
- Set up, operate and clean large commercial dishwashing machines.
- Scrub pots and pans removing grease.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Operate 3 bay sink.
- Clean ovens, grills, fryers, heated cabinets and other kitchen equipment as directed.
- Clean and maintain drains.
- Separate, organize and inspect silverware visually for cleanliness.
- Maintain, clean and organize all kitchen storage areas.
- Operate Salvajor waste disposal equipment.
- Separate food waste into compost bins.
- Sanitize areas as directed before and after each shift.
- Sanitize all kitchen “touch points” as directed.
- Use various cleaning products in a safe and effective manner.
- Sweep and mop floors safely and effectively.
- Break down cardboard boxes for recycling.
- Transport hot oil dolly and dispose oil safely into containers.
- Clean and sanitize garbage barrels.
- Assist Banquet Chef in the execution of banquets
- Transport heavy and bulky items to dumpster
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak and read the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Adhere to Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.