NEW PALTZ, NYApply Online
LONG TERM TEMPORARY
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: 8am-4pm, 3-4 days per week
- Flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Pay: $15.25/Hour
- Ensure all ware washing is completed and clean and maintain all kitchen areas.
- Work safely and effectively in hot, wet, slippery and stressful environments.
- Stand for up to five hours without a break.
- Maintain a fast pace for several hours in order to keep up with workload of each shift.
- Perform all job functions upholding the highest level of hygiene at all times.
- Maintain, organize and wash all dishes on dish line.
- Set up, operate and clean large commercial dishwashing machines.
- Scrub pots and pans removing grease.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Operate 3 bay sink.
- Clean ovens, grills, fryers, heated cabinets and other kitchen equipment as directed.
- Clean and maintain drains.
- Separate, organize and inspect silverware visually for cleanliness.
- Maintain, clean and organize all kitchen storage areas.
- Operate Salvajor waste disposal equipment.
- Separate food waste into compost bins.
- Sanitize areas as directed before and after each shift.
- Sanitize all kitchen “touch points” as directed.
- Use various cleaning products in a safe and effective manner.
- Sweep and mop floors safely and effectively.
- Break down cardboard boxes for recycling.
- Transport hot oil dolly and dispose oil safely into containers.
- Clean and sanitize garbage barrels.
- Assist Banquet Chef in the execution of banquets
- Transport heavy and bulky items to dumpster
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak and read the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Adhere to Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- At least 17 years of age.
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.