NEW PALTZ, NYApply Online
LONG TERM TEMPORARY
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Vary between 6am-11pm
- Pay: $15.28/hour
- Flexible schedule including days/nights, weekends and holidays
- Preparation and production of wholesome meals in accordance with company standards and local health regulations.
- Offer consistently professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all refrigerators to minimize wastage/spoilage.
- Work on the line under time constraints, extreme temperatures, and high business levels.
- Learn, retain, and demonstrate a full knowledge and understanding of all menu items, carriage lounge, and banquet menus as trained.
- Follow recipes, instructions from sous chefs, and work as part of larger team unit focusing on quality and consistency.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Handle hot items with care.
- Work clean and be responsible for kitchen organization and orderliness.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 feet.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Assist all service staff and company workers in a professional manner insuring our guest service is in accordance with company standards.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assist in the requisitioning and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Attend shift briefings and actively participate daily.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Identify safety hazards and inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Familiarize self with and demonstrate basic knife handling skills and operation of basic kitchen equipment and machines.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Maintain food and cooler logs.
- Maintain good working relationships with coworkers, guests, and managers.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Operate equipment such as ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, steamers, kettles, and fryers.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Perform basic mathematical functions with recipes such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Prepare special dietary meals or substitute items.
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Complete safety training and certifications when offered. Become certified in food service sanitation practices and prevention of food borne illnesses.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Stand for up to five hours at a time. Walk distances up to five miles.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Adhere to Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Taste sweet, sour, bitter, and salty and demonstrate a sense of smell.
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.