CONTACT CENTER AGENT
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY Apply Online
POSSIBLE TEMP TO PERM
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30am-6pm, Rotating Saturdays
- Pay Range: $18-$19/Hour
- Temporary through June, possible temp to perm
- Location: Poughkeepsie
The Contact Center Agent operates the Group’s Contact Center and provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Channels all incoming calls, routes calls to appropriate department and/or person. Announces calls to physicians and executive staff.
- Takes messages and processes them accordingly.
- Knows physicians and staff schedules for all offices.
- Has general information regarding insurance, schedule, procedures, and services provided by the Group.
- Keeps log of physician telephone numbers, cell phones and pager numbers.
- Responsible for taking consults called in by the hospital, physicians or service and relaying them to physicians requested.
- Handles emergencies according to specified procedure.
- Turns over calls to the answering service as per instructed.
- Keeps answering service advised to covering physicians, physician telephone pagers and telephone numbers.
- Confirms physicians’ daily appointments, checking information and updating when possible.
- Maintains information and confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in reception area.
- Involves frequent contact with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Work may be stressful at times, interaction with others is constant and interruptive
- Contact involves dealing with sick people
- Superior customer service skills
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- One to two years of Contact Center experience preferably in a medical group.
- High School diploma or equivalent/GED
Have Questions About This Job?
CONTACT CENTER AGENT
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.