KINGSTON, NY Apply Online
TEMP TO PERM
Type of Business
Schedule and Pay:
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 1st Shift 7am-3:30pm, 2nd Shift 3pm-11:30pm
- Pay Range: $19-$24/Hour (additional $2 differential for 2nd shift!)
- Temp to Perm
- Location: Kingston, NY
- Reads work orders, mechanical drawings, shop routings, blueprints and other written and verbal work instructions to determine such things as assembly instructions, parts, components and tools needed, and sequence of operations. Gathers required tools and materials.
- Assembles parts, components or machines per specifications. Uses measuring devices and test equipment to check dimensions and to verify that quality and operating standards are met. Reports non-conformances to immediate supervisor.
- Performs additional operations on assembled machine or sub-assembly such as cleaning, deburring, sanding, polishing, drying, etc. as required.
- Enters production and labor information into system(s) and/or prepares necessary documentation as needed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Cleans and performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment if required. Promptly reports any operational problems with machines or tooling to supervisor. Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies. Performs all duties in a safe manner and keeps all employees aware of potential dangers in work area.
- Assists in packaging, rigging, shipment and/or inventory of equipment.
- Must have an understanding of basic math and have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (work orders, assembly instructions, safety, quality, test and operational instructions).
- Associate’s degree in electro-mechanical technology or a trade school specializing in mechanics preferred.
- Some mechanical aptitude.
- Forklift certification and overhead crane training are required.
- Ability to lift and move components over 50 lbs.
- Ability to use hand tools such as but not limited to crimpers, strippers, drills, grinders, knockout punches, calipers, porta-power press, cut off saws, pnuematic hand tools, mechanical and hydraulic press etc.
- Good oral communication skills.
- At least 1 year related industry related experience with automated processes or similar equipment preferred.
- PC experience
- Working experience in an ISO or continuous improvement environment is a plus
Have Questions About This Job?
when calling or emailing
Thank you! Your application has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.