Basic Function and Responsibility
Responsible for financial and accounting functions as they relate to the general ledger and computer systems. Maintain the integrity and accuracy of information dispersed by these systems and the accounting office.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Day Audit & Accounts Payable functions as well as follow through on related problems and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain communications between Finance Office and other department managers as needed.
- Accounts Payable duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering & sorting mail from Front Office
- Monitor the AP Outlook inbox for incoming invoices and print them out and/or scan them
- Invoice data entry
- Filing of physical invoices
- Follow up with vendor enquiries; respond to incoming emails as directed by supervisor, such as by forwarding internally or replying to vendor for more information in a timely manner
- Assist the Accounting Manager, AP Supervisor and Assistant Controller in other duties as they are assigned.
- Undertakes special projects as indicated by the Controller, and not limited to those duties listed above.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with guests, management, and co-workers in person, written form and by telephone.
- Ability to input and access data in a personal computer.
- Ability to transport supplies.
- Ability to transport files and boxes of paper up and down stairs to attic storage area.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow up on assignments/duties.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest and hotel information.
- Ability to fulfill required schedule which includes weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
Abilities and Qualifications
- High School Graduate.
- Working knowledge of computers and software such as: Outlook, Opera, Excel and Word.
- Practical hotel experience proving ability to work independently in a decision making capacity.
- Bookkeeping skills.
- Experience in use of office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.