- Primarily responsible for processing, maintaining and analyzing all aspects of the accounts receivable/revenue cycle from original billing through collection, including Stanbrough.
- Coordinates timeline for completion of revenue functions to ensure timely submission.
- This position is responsible for maintaining all the Revenue General Journals entries, reconciling all revenue accounts on a monthly basis, and preparing or gathering the general ledger workpapers as needed for the monthly and quarterly closings.
- Prepare monthly general journal entries for Revenue. Assist with the month end close and quarterly preparation of Revenue Accounts. Complete all end of month work papers and general ledger reconciliations of Revenue accounts for timely closing.
- Coordinate and process all billing including both manual and computer-generated billings and rate changes. Follow up on all delinquent accounts weekly to achieve full collection.
- Coordinate with Managed Care Liaison on student admissions and Fiscal needs for appropriate State and County offices regarding billing.
- Maintain business relationships with County State and Federal Offices regarding billings and reimbursements for admissions.
- Train department and programs on record-keeping procedures, documentation for billing, audits and assisting with internal controls to remain in compliance with regulations/ contracts.
- Process Cash Receipts to reconcile with monthly billing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Assist the Director of Finance with the following job responsibilities:
- Internal financial reports on a quarterly basis.
- Annual audit: coordinate, preparing, present required information for auditors.
- Assist with writing up policy and procedures needed for Finance Department
- Installation of new software programs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently which allows full communication with agency staff and 3rd parties.
- Ability to perform highly exacting work, complex in nature, and to exercise sound judgment. Ability to evaluate facts, interpret results, and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of computer accounting system, spreadsheet, and word processing software (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and the General Ledger system.
- Possess a valid driver license with a driving record acceptable to the insurance carrier and possess the ability to drive agency vehicles to other agency sites and places for training purposes.
- Ability to use sound judgment while following agency policies, practices and procedures.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Associates degree in accounting or business, and working knowledge of Windows Office software (Excel, Word).
- OR High School diploma, one-year experience working with Windows Office including Excel and Word.
BENEFITS: Full time, Perm employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401K, short term dis, long term dis, EAP, Aflac, our employees also accrue PTO that amounts to 160 hours after one year. Company pays for a portion of the benefits.